5 Healthy Breakfasts Celebrity Trainers Love
New Year, New Me You should know that any time is a good time to start reaching your goals. You don’t have to wait until December 31st to begin a new routine. Even if you didn’t add clean eating to your list of resolutions for the New Year, that doesn’t mean that you can’t make positive changes tomorrow morning.
We’ve rounded up our favorite celebrity trainers and the healthy breakfasts they go to every time they’re in the mood for something delicious and nutritious. Make sure to add these ingredients to your weekly grocery-shopping list – they’re easy to find at any grocery store!
Jillian Michaels: Healthy eggs benedict
Cooking spray light
3 clove(s) garlic minced
10 ounce(s) spinach, packaged and prewashed organic, washed again
Salt to taste
3 ounce(s) vinegar, white
4 large egg(s)
2 large tomatoes organic, sliced
4 English muffin, 100% whole-wheat toasted
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Coat a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Heat garlic until slightly tender, add the spinach, and cook until soft, adding a pinch of salt if desired.
2. Bring 2 quarts of water and vinegar to a slow boil in a medium saucepan. Crack open an egg in a small bowl or cup to ensure that there aren’t any pieces of shell in the yolk or white. With a wooden spoon, quickly stir the liquid in the pot to create a spiral, or “tornado,” gently pour the egg into the center of the tornado, and stop stirring. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon when it looks like it has cooked through. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs.
3. Place tomato slices on toasted muffin halves, followed by the desired amount of spinach, and top with egg and black pepper to taste. Serve.
Mark Langowski: Paleo breakfast of avocado, fruit, and lox.
1 small sliced avocado
1 cup fruit
1 oz lox
1. Slice up each and eat raw!
Kira Stokes: ‘Stoked’ On-the-Go Green Juice Drink
Handful of kale
Handful of dandelion greens
1/3 lemon, peeled
1/3 green apple
1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger root
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Blend with ice, add water as needed.
Harley Pasternak: French Toast with Ricotta
The recipe yields 4 servings so you’ll have breakfast for nearly a week prepared!
1 ½ cups egg whites
1 ½ cups skim milk
2 teaspoons granulated sugar substitute
½ teaspoons salt
8 slices whole-grain bread
½ cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
1. Whisk together egg whites, milk, sugar substitute, and salt.
2. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip two bread slices in egg white mixture, coating well.
3. Remove bread from egg mixture; drain excess liquid.
4. Cook bread in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat, about two minutes on each side or until golden.
5. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture. Sprinkle toast with cinnamon; top each serving with 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese. Serve immediately.
David Kirsch: Spinach, mushroom, turkey omelet
1 Tsp. olive oil
4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
1 handful spinach (chopped)
4-5 egg whites
2-3 pieces of turkey bacon cooked & crumbled
1 Tsp butter
Shredded farmer cheese, provolone or mozzarella
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add olive oil to a small pan.
2. Cook turkey bacon, once cooked crumble & set aside
3. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
4. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, and set aside.
5. In a large skillet, melt butter
6. Add the egg whites and spread them out to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
7. Now, you can either add ALL of your ingredients (bacon, mushrooms, spinach, parsley & cheese) at this time if you like a well combined omelet, or you can cook the eggs until the top is almost set, then add ingredients to one half of the egg whites, which ever you prefer.
8. Once cheese starts to melt, fold half of the eggs over, cook until cheese is melted and egg whites are set.
9. Remove & serve
10. IG picture and upload optional
What’s your favorite healthy breakfast?
Tell us what you think if you’ve tried any of the recipes above!